Sunday, April 17, 2011

Moving to Germany!

So in January 2011 I moved to Germany.  There was an opening at my work for our field office in Stuttgart, Germany.  I thought, I should move to Germany.  So I applied and here I am.  Living in Europe is amazing.  Just like you thought it would be.  Great food, friendly people, unique sites.  I still have to learn German.  But I am picking up some words.  And I think I have a lead on a class.  I am hopeful.


To bring you up to speed, I have had a couple adventures since moving:

On January 22, 2011, I skied at Lech, Austria.  


On February 26, 2011, I skied at Kitzbuhel, Austria (well not the part without snow).


For the weekend of March 5, 2011, I skied at Dashstein West, Austria.  This is near where the family from the Sound of Music is from (or where the movie was filmed-well, something about them).  I fell pretty hard here and hit my head.  I needed a new helmet after that wipeout.  At least the old helmet did its job.  


On March 13, 2011, I skied at Feldberg, Germany.   There was the coolest igloo I have ever been in.  To be fair, I have only been in one igloo.  Still.





On March 20, 2011, I skied in the Black Forest, at Nebelhorn.  



Yes, the Alps/mountains in Europe really are this beautiful.  At least every time I have skied.  I will write about non-skiing activities catch-up next time.  

Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment