Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dirndl

If you have read the Harry Potter series, then you know that the wand picks the wizard.  Well, the same theory applies to Dirndls.  Dirndls are the traditional German dresses worn for Fests.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirndl)  Since I am attending the Fruhlingsfest on Saturday, I went to buy one.  The store had racks of various styles of dirndls.   The first one I tried on was about 5 inches short of my knees.  Then I started trying on some dress that went just past my knees.  You try on many to figure out which looks best.  Then the lovely sales lady points out why of the last two dirndls you are deciding on, one does not actually fit you--too large at the chest.  So you end up with the one perfect dress.  Still not a fan of shopping.  But I acquired my first German garb.  Mine is more like this:  http://www.krueger-dirndl.de/en/collection/madl/.  I will post picture after the event on Saturday--stay tuned.

Christine
ps.  I know, I still owe an update on what else I have been up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment