Thursday, February 13, 2014

Christine and Carol at L'Auberge de I'Ill

My mom and I also went to Fancy Lunch.  In France.  Because we can.  It is only 90 minutes away.  A lovely drive (when it's not raining).  I found a new for me restaurant to try.  And they are all new for her.  The amuse bouche and dining room:
My main entree (I'm blanking on the meat, but it was delicious and over risotto, which I love--mom do you remember?  Leave in the comments if you do.  Danke er Merci.):
The wonderful lamb my mom ordered (which I wish I had ordered):
We also chose fromage (cheese) from the well stocked fromage cart.  I loved it all.  And tasted 5 options.  My mom tried a couple of them.  I was nice enough to share my choices with her.  (See, I really am nice to share French fromage.)  The large one in the middle was my favorite.  If I have to chose one.
The first mini desserts, which we each received our own (this is with the ipod not such a great photo):
The macaron was the best I have ever had.  I have had a lot.  Many times in France.  I'm not quite an expert, but I'm trying to be one.  I could eat them all if given the chance.

My mom's dessert, mousse:
I had the chocolate choice, gelato, brownie, and more gelato.  I'm sure you all are shocked.  Just shocked.
Christine 

2 comments:

  1. Carol made the blog again! Looks like an interesting lunch. Finally carol was able to eat lunch in France. First the Pope and then lunch in France-all her vacation dreams came true!-Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure can eat dessert! Impressive!!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete